- Mr. Clay is an IT and Telecommunications executive with extensive advisory and business development expertise and has worked with large corporations across the sub-Saharan Africa continent, Europe and the Middle East regions.
- Mr. Clay also provided advisory services to telecommunications operators in their deployments of large telecom infrastructure projects, primarily in the African continent. He has also spent a large part of his career in business development with the dominant telecommunications and IT providers such as Siemens, Ericsson and IBM, where he
was exposed to complex telecommunications and IT projects and structuring cross-border deals ranging from $20m to $80m.
- Mr Clay also served as a Sales Director for the EMEA market for a software development firm with intellectual property for tariffing of voice and data services and network performance and optimization solutions, launched globally.
- Mr Clay’s specialities include technical advisory on telecom infrastructure deployment strategies, OSS & BSS transformation advisory, risk analysis & assessments, due diligence and business development.
Selected Client Experience
- Clients include MTN South Africa, MTN International and its sub-Saharan OPCO’s (Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Ghana) , MTN Iran, Vodacom Mozambique, Vodacom South Africa, Vodacom Lesotho, MCEL Mozambique, TNM Malawi, Econet Zimbabwe, Econet Lesotho, Telma Madagascar, Unitel Angola, Orange Botswana and Telkom South Africa
- Advisor on the first 3G network deployment in Mozambique valued at $10m
- Structured a deal for Ericsson’s first Leased Capacity Rural Coverage business model for one of the largest operators in Mozambique valued at $14m
- Advisor on an open access fibre network, in conjunction with the Mozambique government and private sector
- Consultant at IBM focused on transformation programs for telco clients including cognitive computing solutions specific for telco and OSS/BSS transformation strategies.
- Business development and consultation on the implementation of the first artificial intelligence solution for a telecommunications operators’, using Tone and Sentiment analysis to influence Net Promoter Score.
- Consultant at IBM focused on the Telco sector in transformation programs, Cognitive computing solutions specific for telco and OSS/BSS transformation strategies.
- Sales Director for a software development firm with intellectual property for a near real-time pricing solution referred to as a dynamic tariffing system, for voice and data services, launched in MTN Iran, TNM Malawi, Econet Zimbabwe and Vodacom
- Specialities in the sector include technical advisory, business development, IT transformation strategy and evaluation, telco business model advisory, risk analysis and assessment, infrastructure deployment strategies, OSS & BSS transformation advisory